The Lake George Winter Carnival… Weekends in February!
Scroll Down for Cook-Off Winners!
Attention: This Just In… Car races for this weekend (Feb. 22 & 23) had to cancel due to recent weather, two days of rain. It is too slushy and wet on the lake for them to plow and race. Don’t let that stop you from coming up and enjoying the rest of the last weekend of the Lake George Winter Carnival. It is going to be a beautiful weekend! still plenty of snow on the lake and trails for snowmobiling. We also have many children’s activities going on, plus the “Chicken Wing cook off” on Saturday, Bon fire , fireworks, dogs got talent show, helicopter rides, Polar plunge, pony rides and don’t forget if you haven’t gotten your raffle ticket yet, drawing is this Sunday at 3:30. Winner’s choice of 2014 Polaris Indy 550 snowmobile with 2 place Triton trailer or a Kawasaki Mule 610 4×4, only $25 a chance. Lots of restaurants and shops open and things to do in Lake George.
The 1st Annual Lake George Winter Carnival was held in the winter of 1961. Now, over a half-century later, this celebration of all the great Adirondack wintertime outdoor activities continues with 4 activity packed weekends in the month of February.
With a recent 12+ inches of snowfall we are gearing up for the 2014 Lake George Winter Carnival… And we are EXCITED!!!
Don’t forget our first event is the New Years Day Polar Plunge. We are back at Shepard’s Park Beach, first wave of 400 people will be going in at 1pm, then every 1/2 hour after in waves of 400. Sign up starts at 10 am on New Years Day at Duffy’s Tavern, 20 Amherst St. Lake George – 518-668-5323.
The LGWC is a ALL VOLUNTEER committee in its 53rd year and is always looking for great people of any age to volunteer in many areas such as children’s activities, cook offs, games, golf, security, first day swim, outhouse races, etc. we would love to have anyone who is interested in meeting new people and have fun, helping a great activity join our great group.
Please be aware that the 2014 Lake George Winter Carnival events may change due to weather so please check back often as we will update this as the carnival goes on.
- Congratulations to the winners of the Chili Cookoff on the first Saturday of Winter Carnival:
- 1st Place – The Log Jam (#1 on the table)
- 2nd Place – Duffy’s (#5 on the table)
- 3rd Place – Holiday Inn (#7 on the table)
Thank you to all of our entries also including: King Neptune’s, The East Cove, Pizzeria Mangia, The Barnsider, Prospect Mt. Diner, Wiawaka Holiday House, Fort William Henry, Shepard’s Cove and Pablo’s Burrito Cantina.
- The winners of the BBQ Cookoff on the Second Saturday of Winter Carnival:
- 1st – The Barnsider (5 on the table)
- 2nd – Fort William Henry (1 on the table)
- 3rd – a tie between The Blue Moose Tavern (8 on the table) and Prospect Mt. Diner (6 on the table)
Thank you to all of our entries also including: Shepards’ Cove, Holiday Inn, Pablo’s Burrito Cantina, King Neptune’s, Wiawaka Holiday House, and Duffy’s Tavern.
- The winners of the Chowder Cookoff on the Third Saturday of Winter Carnival:
- 1st – Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, NY (1 on the steamtable)
- 2nd – The Log Jam (8 on the table)
- 3rd – The Olde Log Inn (6 on the table)
Thank you to all of the restaurants who participated – Mario’s Lake George, Shepard’s Cove, East Cove, Fort William Henry, Wiawaka Holiday House, Duffy’s, and Prospect Mt. Diner